LHPC Mission Statement
The purpose of Liberty Hill Presbyterian Church is to love God, seek to know Jesus Christ, and to minister to one another as an inclusive, welcoming community through the power of the Holy Spirit.
We have all been given the gifts to lead a rewarding life through Jesus Christ. We do this through loving one another, praising God, ministering to build the Body of Christ,welcoming others in God’s love, working to build a strong community and above all, seeking to know Jesus Christ.
The history of Liberty Hill Presbyterian Church began with a few local residents who attended worship services in the Old School House, Tolerant Chapel and Beaver Creek Presbyterian Church. In 1851 this small but dedicated group organized into the Liberty Hill Presbyterian Church. With an initial membership of ten men and sixteen women, the church grew and erected the first church building the following year.
Membership steadily increased and a new, larger church building was erected in 1880 from timbers salvaged from the original structure. The white clapboard structure still stands today and is an awe-inspiring environment for worship and praise.
Church grounds also include the Fellowship Hall/Church Office, Choir Building and the Education Building.
The Lakeside ministry began on a Sunday morning in July 1977 with 12 attendees in the Deal’s Marina parking lot on Lake Wateree. Today this ministry attracts hundreds of worshipers from numerous local churches each Sunday from June through September. The welcoming service outside the walls of a church building provides an opportunity of fellowship where the awareness of the presence of God can be known.
In 1995 LHPC's pastor, the Reverend Gene Rollins had a revelation that the Lakeside ministry was at the core of Liberty Hill Presbyterian’s mission. He dreamt of Liberty Hill Presbyterian having its own lakeside property on which to hold worship services. His vision became reality when in 2004 two lots at Windward Pointe were given to the church to the glory of God.
The waterfront grounds feature rustic stations of the cross placed throughout the property, a meditation labyrinth, a medicine wheel and an in-ground mural.
Come and Worship with us!
We welcome one and all to worship with us. September through May we offer two services each Sunday in the Historic Church, 9:00 am & 11:00 am, with Sunday School at 10:00 am. Starting in 2017 we now offer a unified service once a month at 10:00 am with Sunday School at 9:00 am,
Address: 18 Meeting Ln, Liberty Hill, SC 29074
(follow us on Facebook to stay up to date).
From June 1st through Labor day at 9:00 am, LHPC offers a non-denominational interfaith worship service at the Lake Wateree Pavilion.
Address: 52 Nautical Dr, Camden, SC 29020